Webber Insurance Services is pleased to announce Daniel Webber has joined the management team as Director. Daniel has an extensive background in the insurance industry, currently providing insurance advice for clients as well as now playing an active role in the management of the company.
We wanted to know a little more about what makes Daniel tick so we sat down with him for a quick chat:
1. How did you get your start in the insurance industry?
You could say I have grown up with an insurance background with several family members already in the industry. After finishing high school and a couple of casual jobs later, I accepted a role in a call centre selling Home, Motor and Travel Insurance. Since then, I have gone on to study with plans to continue in the future.
2. What are your areas of specialty?
Public Liability for Trade occupations as well as Professional Indemnity for Professionals. We have just launched a new cyber liability program which is an interesting area of insurance considering some of the high profile cyber attacks that have taken place recently, so that is a focus for me at the moment as well.
3. When seeking insurance policies, they say the general rule of thumb is to source multiple quotes to compare on both price and policy benefits before selecting the right policy for your needs. As a broker, would you agree with this advice?
Absolutely, it’s very important to compare policies and ensure that you understand what you are purchasing. The added benefit of a broker is that they take care of this for you and will point out crucial small differences that the client may miss. If one policy is cheaper than the other, it’s either because a particular insurer has an appetite for that risk or they’re offering less cover. Either way, based on their knowledge of the market, your broker will be able to inform you straight away.
4. Do you have any valuable words of advice to pass on regarding insurance?
No one in our industry or any industry knows everything. It’s important to surround yourself with trustworthy people who compliment your skill set and knowledge to allow you and your business to excel.
5. You have now been with Webber Insurance Services for almost 18 months. What do you enjoy most about working with the company? What diversifies it?
We are very much a close-knit family business which is definitely one of the aspects I enjoy. Having worked in large corporations previously, being a part of a local small business has allowed me to develop strong relationships with my clients who prefer to have a personal connection with their broker, rather than contacting call centres.
6. What are your interests outside of work?
I’m an avid basketballer and love travelling. I also enjoy catching up with mates over the weekends and have been heading to a few games of footy since the move to Adelaide Oval.
7. Who do you support in the AFL? Any tips as to who might take out the 2014 premiership?
I have always been a loyal Crows supporter – not confident they can take the flag this year though. As for who might win the premiership this year, I’m not too phased as long as it’s not Port Adelaide!
To contact Daniel, please call on 1300 932 237 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.