To apply for Building Indemnity Insurance, you need to complete the Builders Warranty Eligibility Application. The cost of the application is $450 + GST, which is payable upon submission of the Eligibility Application Form. This is a non-refundable payment to cover the administration cost of submitting your application to QBE.
Webber Insurance will provide a rebate of $200 + GST to any builder that also insures their Contract Works insurance with Webber Insurance within 6 months of eligibility being granted. For further details, please contact us.
Note: Currently AssetInsure is only able to assist Builders who can demonstrate at least 3 years of experience as a Licensed Builder.
Further to the application, QBE requires:
- Statement of Personal Assets & Liabilities
- Copy of Builders License (if available)
- Rates notices for owned property
- Most recent Tax Returns or Accountant prepared Financials
Once this has been sent off to QBE, please allow a minimum of 14 days for a response. Please note that by submitting payment to Webber Insurance Services to apply for eligibility, this does not guarantee acceptance by QBE. Eligibility is granted at the sole discretion of QBE.
For assistance with your application, please contact Sam Cottell from SA Trade Licensing.
Sam is a previous Licensing Manager for Consumer Affairs and has over 12 years experience in providing builders the following services:
- Creating and submitting all licensing Government paperwork on your behalf
- Providing specific technical interview preparation materials to study which is the only available service in SA of its kind
- Realistic licensing advice, support and a tailored approach for the construction industry.